A story about reverse engineering and way too smart FTP client
Some time ago, I decided to swap HDD in my Original Xbox. It already has been upgraded with a 40 Gb IDE drive, but I had a spare 160 Gb SATA drive laying around and wanted to have some more storage in the system. I bought a SATA to IDE converter, swapped the drives, installed the system software, and transferred all the content back. To my utmost disappointment, savefiles for some games were corrupted. One of them was Black, where I had a decent amount of played hours. I did some basic troubleshooting but wasn’t able to find the source of the problem. At that moment it was obvious to me that the problem lay in the new hard drive.